Dhiren Pereira, General Manager at The Oberoi Beach Resort, Mauritius: “Mauritius will rebound quickly once all travel restrictions have been removed”
Tourism will rebound in Mauritius. How and in what way? It is difficult to say, even if we can see more and more the new outline of an industry that, due to the pandemic, has accelerated its transformation. “Ile Maurice Tourisme” wanted to check in with the hospitality luminaries in Mauritius. Today we welcome Dhiren Pereira, the General Manager of The Oberoi Mauritius, a hotel in a class of its own and one that has been celebrated worldwide on numerous occasions. He is positive that “Mauritius will rebound quickly once all travel restrictions have been removed”
- What do you think is the main reason why Mauritian tourism will rebound?
- Mauritius has always been a prime destination for travel and holidays, especially for Europe. It has so much more to offer than just sun, sand, and sea. Its unique cultural offerings have always given it the edge over other Indian Ocean island destinations. For this very reason, Mauritius will rebound quickly once all travel restrictions have been removed.
Name the three steps your hotel took to reimagine itself?
- The Oberoi Beach Resort, Mauritius has undergone a soft refurbishment during this period of closure. The resort is unique in Mauritius and the ideal resort to socially distance going forward. 71 individual units of ground floor accommodation spread over 20 acres is the need of the hour. We haven’t had the need to reinvent ourselves due to our unique offering being in line with the new demands of hospitality.
- What measures have been taken to maintain and boost the motivation of your employees?
- What measures have been taken to maintain and boost the motivation of your employees? -We have been fortunate to retain all our 166 employees due to the government and Oberoi group support. Many team members have been coming in to the resort to volunteer and help in maintaining the product over the period of closure. The majority of our team has spent over 10 years with us and that in itself keeps their motivation high each day in the lead up to opening the resort soon.
- To what extent environmental protection is part of your hotel strategy?
We already do a lot towards the protection of the environment. Being located in one of Mauritius’ prime natural marine parks, Turtle Bay, The Oberoi has always placed an important emphasis on sustainability. This will grow stronger going forward with various initiatives planned.
- What is the group watchword for the coming months?
– The Oberoi Beach Resort, Mauritius currently waits patiently for the borders to open and travel to resume. It will be back to regular business for us in the months to come wherein we will promote the resort and its unique offerings even more strongly with a huge emphasis on the guest experience and the cultural integration of Mauritius within the confines of the resort.
- Will a complete disruption of air access be necessary to give tourism a strong boost?
– The key to tourist arrivals going forward to Mauritius will be the air traffic into the island. One must not only concentrate on reviving the usual routes but add new inbound destinations to the air traffic schedule so Mauritius and the tourism players can achieve their targets. This will involve an out-of-the-box and bold approach on behalf of the aviation ministry.
Warning: file_get_contents(): https:// wrapper is disabled in the server configuration by allow_url_fopen=0 in /home/ilemauricetouris/public_html/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/widgets/social-counter/views/widget.php on line 22
Warning: file_get_contents(https://cdn.syndication.twimg.com/widgets/followbutton/info.json?screen_names=ilemaurice): failed to open stream: no suitable wrapper could be found in /home/ilemauricetouris/public_html/wp-content/themes/gillion/inc/widgets/social-counter/views/widget.php on line 22
Création pâtissière signature : Marie Paule Azie et Hesta Chooraman réaliseront le Honey Cake des hôtels Beachcomber
Marie Paule Azie et Hesta Chooraman, deux pâtissières du Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury qui conjuguent talent et un joli brin d’audace, réaliseront le gâteau signature de la collection d’hôtels Beachcomber. Ce…
Constance Prince Maurice: Stéphane Labastide à la tête de l’équipe mauricienne à l’African Pastry Cup
Son savoir-faire brillera aux plus hautes sphères de l’art culinaire ! Stéphane Labastide, Chef Pâtissier Exécutif au Constance Prince Maurice, fait partie du trio qui représentera Maurice à l’African Pastry Cup, qui…
Reynaud Les Halles : Yohann Anthonee « Monin Brand Ambassador » & Beverages Specialist
Yohann Anthonee rejoint l’équipe de Reynaud Les Halles, à partir de ce mois-ci, en tant qu’Ambassadeur de la Marque Monin & Spécialiste des Boissons. Il sera responsable de la gestion du…